June 7, 2010

How has the Pastoral Search at SGC affected you?

Hey Everyone who reads this blog! Hope you're week is going well. I've been thinking about this topic for a while and just thought I'd run the thought past you all. So, since this has been a long process of searching for a replacement to Jerry Nelson, and I know it has affected some people, I thought I'd ask everyone in our class how it has affected them? Does it make you feel insecure about the future of our church? Are you frustrated it's taken so long? Do you feel like it should be a long process as it's an important thing you don't want to rush? Where do you stand?

2 comments:

  1. This might sound kind of corny but although the search process leaves me a bit frustrated, I also think God may be using it to remind ME that my church "home" is more about the people than the pastor. While I definitely feel a loss not having a pastor, which is made worse by the fact that Tami and I left our last church for practically the same reason (the commute was also an issue), I think this process has "whittled away the excess" so to speak and reveal to me what I love most about church: fellowship with other believers. Don't get me wrong though, anytime God wants to reveal the new pastor is fine with me?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great point Tami. While a pastor does have a great impact on the direction of a church, it is the people that make up the church family/body. A great reminder how important being involved in the church and activities within the church are.

    ReplyDelete